Thursday, March 24, 2011

My kingdom for a bowtie!


Vogue got to it first but I'm still going to do it.

I'm going to blog about....bowties

FOR LADYFOLKS!

I'm a fan of bowties, as my closest friends know. Bowties take normal days and turn them into fancy days. Bowties make everything better. Much like candy, but with less calories.

Exhibit A)


Myself. In a bowtie. Being fancy, and the ladies love it. And by lady I mean a friend that has to enjoy my sense of fashion for the sake of our friendship. But also a lady, of course.

Also notice the fancy velvet tuxedo jacket (vintage Bergdorfs) as well as the not so visible fancypants cufflinks.


Exhibit B)

Something I want to buy...



A Leopard Bowtie!

This is less formal, and could add that extra RAWR to my everyday outfits.

P.S. this little gem is available at www.animalprintessentials.com


Exhibit C)

How the heck are you going to wear these bowties? Do you need to wear a full on button up shirt every time you go for a fancy addition to an outfit?

NOPE!



This beauty makes it possible to place your bowtie in the fanciest area possible---on a collar, around your neck. Now you can have your cake and put a bowtie on it too!
This leatherette collar is available at pixiemarket.com!

Keep it fancy, folks!

3 comments:

  1. dear sasshion,
    i got an emergency!

    wtfs i got a fancy pants bowtie but idk how to wear it!! i have only worn in once this semester.

    Sincerely,
    Advice-Seeking-Annabelle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A) You could wear it as a headband
    B) You could attach it to a belt
    C) you could wear it with something super low cut, you know to make it more respectable.
    D) typical collared shirt look

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Post! I really like them and you made me try em as well :-) Hope to find a nice one. Think it will be a nice fashion piece in the next seasons...

    ReplyDelete